Friday, December 12, 2008


3D Foam Plaster
My plaster form takes a shape of a whale. Although not intended from the beginning, I began to see that it took a shape of an animal. My plaster is also decorated with vivid use of colors and lines. I started out by using a simple recycled foam board, which I carefully shaved it to make a rough form of my plaster. Then I used wrapped it with a cast, from which then I used a liquid cast to make the form smooth overall.
Through certain forms and shapes I was able to create few of the principles of design and the elements of art. My painted patterns were able to create emphasis, contrast, balance, and overall a general unity. My colored lines also created movement and emphasis along with the texture of the plaster form. Overall I was pretty satisfied with what I made. Although I do regret on the part where I decided to choose my color scheme, it came out as a decent 3D form that looks very much like an African sculpture.

No comments: